OUR SYNAGOGUE

HISTORY

CONSTITUTION

SYNAGOGUE LIFE

SANCTUARIES

CEMETERY

ORTHODOX KEHILLAH

LIBRARY

GIFT SHOP

 

The Durham Hebrew Cemetery may be the oldest Jewish institution of record in this area and dates back to the 1800's. For many years, it was the only Jewish cemetery for a significant geographical area. It is located off Morehead Avenue and adjacent to Old Maplewood Cemetery. Access is best gained by going through the Maplewood cemetery entrance on Kent Street just off Morehead Avenue. MAP

The cemetery is owned by Beth El and continues to serve our synagogue needs. Recently, an adjoining piece of property was purchased so that the expanded Durham Hebrew Cemetery will be able to continue to meet the needs of the Beth El community well into the future.

Click here to access our Durham Hebrew Cemetery Index page,
a photo directory our cemetery.

If you are interested in joining the group of volunteers who help to beautify the cemetery property by planting and maintaining the grounds, please call Gladys Siegel.

Click here for information about our Chevra Kadisha/burial society.

Contact Information:

Gladys Siegel
Email: gladys5@earthlink.net